The best way to get a quote is to visit www.bbestmovers.com and click on “Get a Quote”, our relocation specialists will process your information and send you a quote by email, look for a message with a subject “Not Confirmed”. Please make sure to indicate the items you are moving in the “Inventory” tab or by adding them to the “Details” tab, sending in a message or email.
You can also send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
1. Your name; 2. Phone number; 3. Date; 4. Inventory; 5. Property type (apartment, condo, home); 6. Stairs or elevator access. 7. For a 4-level town home, please make sure to indicate; 8. Any fragile or heavy/bulky items we need to be aware of.
If you have questions call us at + 1 (800) 962-3660 or contact us via live chat.
We are excited to be at your service!
Experiencing issues with booking online? Please email email@example.com or give us a call at 1-800-962-3660 and we’ll be more than happy to assist you with the reservation.
In order to secure a moving contract, Best Movers requires a $100 deposit fee for any local move. This deposit fee is refundable when cancelation is made 48 hours before the scheduled moving date. Any cancelation made after the 48 hour period is NO longer available for a refund. Deposits for reservations made within a 48-hour time-frame are non-refundable.
Flat rate and Long distance
To reserve a flat rate or long distance move, Best Movers requires a $500-$5000 deposit depending on total moving cost. This deposit fee is refundable when cancellation is made 48 hours before the scheduled moving date. Any cancellation made after the 48 hour period is NO longer available for a refund.
Based on experience, you may expect on average the following hours for regularly furnished spaces:
➤ One bedroom apartment 3-5 hours (2 men crew and a 16 FT truck)
➤ Two bedroom apartment 5-7 hours (3 men crew and a 21 FT truck)
➤ Three bedroom apartment 7-10 hours (4 men crew and a 24 FT truck)
➤ Two-bedroom TH/SFH 7-10 hours (4 men crew and a 24 FT truck)
➤ Three bedroom TH/SFH 8-11 hours (4 men crew and a 24 FT Truck)
➤ Four bedroom+ TH/SFH 10+ hours (TBD)
However, PLEASE NOTE, some hours may vary depending on the client’s possessions, how well these possessions are packed up, the length of the walk from apartment to a truck, the number of stairs, and more.
Yes, we can help you move the piano.
➤ Upright piano – $300.
➤ Spinet – $400.
➤ Baby Grand Royal – $500.
- Shrink wrap protection (small items – night stand, coffee table): $5
- Shrink wrap protection (large items – couch, mattress): $10
- Stairs, 4th floor: $100
- King/Queen mattress 200 lbs. and above: $100-$300 (charge is determined by the foreman based on the difficulty)
- Sofa, with bed: $100 **(charge is determined by the foreman based on the difficulty)
- Washing machine: $100 **(charge is determined by the foreman based on the difficulty)
- Pool table: $150 (disassembly and move only, no assembly)
- Double-Door Refrigerator: $100 **(charge is determined by the foreman based on the difficulty)
- Marble Top 200 lbs. and over: $100 **(charge is determined by the foreman based on the difficulty)
- Treadmill: $100-$200 **(charge is determined by the foreman based on the difficulty)
- Items 200 lbs.: $100 (charge is determined by the foreman based on the difficulty)
- Items 300 lbs. – 500 lbs.: $200 (charge is determined by the foreman based on the difficulty)
- Items 500 lbs. – 700 lbs.: $300 (charge is determined by the foreman based on the difficulty)
- Piano, Upright: $300
- Flight of stairs for upright: $100
- Piano, Spinet: $400
- Flight of stairs, spinet: $100
- Piano, Baby Grand: $500
- Flight of stairs, baby grand: $200
- Piano, Grand: $700 (we do not provide this service if there are stairs involved)
- Safe 200-300 lbs.: $200
- Safe 400-500 lbs.: $300
- Safe 500-700 lbs.: $500
- Overnight storage: $150
- Hoisting: $50 each item per flight of stairs (if they are taking it out from the 2nd floor, it’s $50. If the items is hoisted from the 3rd floor, it’s $100). Hoisting is provide using rope and straps only for items that are safe to be hoisted.
We only provide hoisting that can be done easily with a rope or a strap when there is enough space for an item to be taken our through a large spacious window or a balcony, or when it is done inside the home from one level to another (exceptions apply***). We do not provide hoisting for safety and liability reasons in all other instances. Foreman is able to notify a customer of what is and is not possible upon seeing the items and conditions.
Extra charges will apply: $50 per floor.
We offer packing and unpacking services. Packing service for a 1 bedroom apartment or a studio can be potentially completed on the same day as moving considering that elevators (if applicable) have flexibility to be reserved for a 6+ hours at the pickup location. For 2+ bedrooms (apartment/home/town home/condo/office) generally we would need an estimator to do a free walk-through to have the exact scope and packing is done the day before the move. You are also welcome to email photos of the areas that need to be packed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We always recommend emptying out furniture such as dressers, armoires and filing cabinets. Most furniture pieces aren’t designed to be carried while full so it can damage the item. It also makes it easier and safer for the movers to handle, particularly on stairs. Sometimes pieces are able to be carried while full without incident, but generally, emptying furniture works out the best.
We do offer assistance with trash removal. There are two options for this. We can either assist you to bring all the unwanted furniture to the community dumpster at a pickup or a drop off location, or, we can take it to the public discharge facility (this option starts at a $150).
Yes, we will be happy to help you with this. Our professionals are trained and have years of experience in taking apart and putting furniture together.
Absolutely. All you need to do is indicate these locations when filling out the form.
We are happy to help with taking TV off the wall mount, but please note, we do not mount TVs back; we leave it to the experts to avoid any damage to your property.
Window of Arrival means: A window of time when crew will be ARRIVING, this is NOT work time or EXACT time of arrival.
***We offer 2 (two) options for window of arrival. You will see your arrival window on top of the page under “Arrival Window”. The company provides timing that is available on the requested day. You may request the time but we only accommodate if that time is available***
- A Window between 8-10 am, can be adjusted to 8-9 am, 9 or 10 am being the latest.
- A Window between 1-4 pm/2-4pm/3-6pm. THESE OPTIONS ARE SUITABLE FOR BUILDINGS WITH NO ELEVATORS AND HOMES/TOWN HOMES UNLESS THE ELEVATORS CAN BE RESERVED FOR EXTENSIVE PERIODS OF TIME (6+ HOURS).
Crew arrives anywhere between 1-4/2-4/3-6 pm (they may arrive at 1,2,3 or 4,5,6 pm depending on your window of arrival). It depends on how soon the first appointment is finished. Foreman will call you with an ETA once they are ready to head your way.
PLEASE NOTE, elevator reservations cannot be made for the 1-4/2-4/3-6 pm windows, this is not the work time and not the exact arrival time at 1 pm or 2 pm, or 3 pm.
- Fully equipped truck(s)
- *For customers that request LABOR ONLY service for LOADING only service, UNLOADING service only and SAME-BUILDING service, truck is NOT included & NOT billed for. It will show on your account because this is how the job gets assigned by the system.
- Dollies, hand trucks, tools, and straps
- Professional loading/unloading
- Professional disassembly/assembly
- Free moving pads/blankets for furniture protection
- Free moving tape
- Unlimited mileage
- Government fees and taxes
- Basic valuation protection of $.60 per lb per item. BMFC liability for lost or damaged items is limited to $0.60 per pound per article. However, light scratches, scuffs, nicks, dirt, and other light damages are not covered. More severe damage is looked at by all parties involved and assessed before a decision is made.
- *Optional* Shrink wrap protection (small items- night stand, small desk, sofa table): $5
- *Optional* Shrink wrap protection (large items – couch, mattress): $10.
- *Optional* Professional Floor Coverage: $80/100FT heavy duty floor board (tape included). Carpet protection $50/roll.
- Your items will be protected by blankets with tape. If you want to add more security, you are welcome to let the crew know what items need to be shrink wrapped. Recommended: mattress, couch, leather furniture, real wood furniture, any furniture that is going to the storage facility. If you choose not to have extra protection, please know that your items may be damaged while being moved and carried.
- Service Fee: covers crew’s travel time, truck (s), fuel, wear/tear on our trucks, equipment, tools. Included in the total balance under “additional services” section.
For LABOR ONLY (loading/unloading, same building) customers this fee is reduced but it is mandatory and cannot be removed. Our crew needs to get to your location and come back from it to the base. This can only be done in a company vehicle they are insured under and they need to bring necessary equipment to do their job (dollies, hand-trucks, pads, tools, etc.).
Because we are moving furniture and other large items, it is always possible, though very uncommon, for floors or walls to sustain damage. BMFC insurance does not cover any scratches, nicks, scuffs and similar. In the rare occasions where more serious damage occurs, BMFC is limited to $100 liability per residence where such damage has occurred. Additionally, although our movers will be careful not to soil floors and carpets with their shoes during a move and BSM has not received any customer complaints that this has taken place, it is a possibility. Since employee regulations do not permit our movers to remove their shoes during a move, we cannot be held responsible if floors or carpets are soiled during a move. We offer free and paid options for floors/carpet coverage. Free: blankets that are placed for the crew to move on and that is what is mostly used. Paid options are: $50 carpet protection (each roll) and $80 (professional floor covering 100 FT each roll).
Please make sure that the person who made the reservation is present to accept and release the job, approve and review charges. WE DO NOT PROVIDE SERVICES WITH NO ONE PRESENT ON SITE TO SUPERVISE. ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MAID ON THE DAY OF THE MOVE. All the information that is presented by the crew is sent to your inbox and displayed on the account page. In the instances when someone else is curating the job for you, please make sure to familiarize and authorize the person IN ADVANCE to sign the contract for you. All the signatures and charges on the day of the move are final after the contract is submitted.
1. Dear Customer, please remember that we work on the FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS! We do not hold reservations not do we hold responsibility for you loosing the dates once someone else reserved the desired date. Please make sure to plan ahead and book the slots you are interested in because the schedule changes on a daily if not sometimes hourly basis.
2. NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE?
Please make sure to let us know any changes to your relocation 48-HOURS prior to the move to avoid cancellation and date-change charges.
3. Please review Q&A and Company Policy for any questions that your may have.
4. Cancellation / Rescheduling Fee: We wish we didn’t have to, but when clients cancel on short notice it can be difficult to find a replacement move for our crews. If the client cancels or reschedules INSIDE of 48 hours is a 2-hour fee.
BMFC will not move anyone with bedbugs or if your home is not sanitary for the crew. If we discover you have bedbugs or see trash/dirt/bugs/rotten food/mold present on premises, we reserve the right to exit the move immediately, even if unfinished, and charge for our time (the base fee). If our blankets, equipment, or trucks were exposed to the infestation, we will bill you for the cost of decontamination/fumigation. We don’t mean to be harsh, but bedbugs are an existential risk to our entire business.
Our movers are extremely experienced and good at what they do, and exceptionally careful with our clients’ possessions. However, in this industry, damage will happen from time to time. If damage is caused by our service, BMFC reserves the right to repair, compensate for, or replace the damaged items in question.
BMFC liability for lost or damaged items is limited to $0.60 per pound per article. However, light scratches, scuffs, nicks, dirt, and other light damages are not covered. More severe damage is looked at by all parties involved and assessed before a decision is made.
Safety is paramount when moving. Our workers are not allowed to work in unsafe situations like un-floored attics, on narrow or rickety fire escapes, on roofs, or in any situation where footing feels compromised or that feels generally unsafe in their experienced judgment.
- Absolutely, please check the elevator times along with the building restrictions and loading dock closing times BEFORE you are ready to make a reservation. Too often, this step is not given enough attention and elevator times are simply not available if you try to reserve them the day before.
- Please remember that Saturday is the most demanded moving day, therefore, some elevator reservations are booked a month in advance.
- Most buildings do not allow moving on Sunday or have limited availability.
- Loading docks in some buildings are closed automatically at 5 pm, please make sure this is not that case for you if the arrival window is between 1- 4 pm.
- Some buildings have extremely long hallways or require a crew to walk through the garage all the way across the building which will add substantial timing to your move, please let us know in “Details” section of your account page to provide a more accurate labor time estimate.
- Some buildings have elevators that go up to the 4th floor and then a second elevator that goes to upper floor. This is important for us to know because this also adds a lot of time to the move and if the reservation is limited by time, you will need extra people to make it before the elevator is not available.
Packing services can be set up when you need our help packing your belongings into boxes. This typically includes items such as cookware, dish-ware, books, office supplies, clothes, shoes, linens and toiletries, and we would schedule this service on a day prior to your move.
But if you just need help wrapping large or delicate items in order to have them transported safely, this is something that is included in our moving services and that your crew can handle on the moving day. We have plenty of moving pads and blankets, and also offer some optional materials to offer a little extra protection where you think it’s needed.
- Arlington, VA
GREAT experience. Moved from Arlignton, VA to Gainesville, VA, crew showed up on time and got right to work. Professional, hard, working, get the job done quickly. Total move only took 4 hours!! The crew of 3 did great, would definitely use again and recommend.
- Iowa City, IA
They helped us with a move from Clarendon to Falls Church and we could not have asked for better service. The team was very professional and took extremely good care when packaging and moving our belongings. They worked very efficiently and clearly took pride in what they were doing. The customer service leading up to the move and during the
- Woodbridge, VA
I have used many movers over several years in Northern Virginia, but I will use Best Movers from now on! Their name says it all! They were by far, the best moving company I’ve ever used. Their price was very competitive and Franklin and his colleague moved quickly and never stopped. They arrived a little early to review everything. They
- Alexandria, VA
Excellent customer service and made the move a breeze. All movers were super efficient and carefully moved all pieces of furniture. Best part of it all was they were the cheapest of the 5 quotes I received. I highly recommend them!
- Arlington, VA
I’ve moved more than 10 times. Best Movers is up there in terms of quality, timeliness, and price! Our job was actually to move items within our house but moving is moving and they did a great job. No dings or dropped items. We’ll use them again!
- Henrico, VA
The movers were quick, friendly and efficient. I tipped them $40 each for their great work and have recommended to a friend. The only advice I would give is to be flexible in your move in schedule. Our movers were early which threw our plans into a bit of chaos but the experience ended up being smooth.
- Vienna, VA
I’ve used Best Movers for three moves and they remain my go-to for movers. They are punctual, organized and polite, and their rates are very reasonable. It’s pleasure to work with them.
- Leesburg, VA
Best Movers of Manassas did a great job moving a piano to our house. They are very reasonably priced and professional!